TAKE YOUR STARTUP TO INDIA
The NSW Government is offering 5 funded places for early stage ag-tech entrepreneurs from across NSW to be immersed in India’s fast-growing ag-tech startup ecosystem.
This intensive immersion program will visit 4 Indian cities and 20+ companies over 13 action packed days – an outstanding entrepreneurial experience.
- Promote entrepreneurship between NSW and India’s dynamic and fast-developing agricultural technology markets
- Access a network of 20+ Indian startups and multinationals, and global investors
- Inspire startups based in NSW to grow and develop a global mindset
- Exchange ideas and perspectives, enhance cultural awareness
Across its commercial hubs, India is home to a vibrant start-up community-the second largest in the world-and a widely entrepreneurial culture. India's flourishing start-up ecosystem is supported by a range of generous national and state sponsorship initiatives including Startup India; the government's flagship startup initiative. Technology startups comprise a large portion of the pool, with almost 5,000 registered in 2016. India is also home to a rapidly expanding consumer class, with an economy based on consumption and experiencing rapid and continued growth.
Who Can Apply
Founders with an early stage, scalable global ag-tech startup that will benefit from exposure to the India market.
The focus is ag-tech covering but not limited too – increased production, supply chain, water usage. The chosen start-ups will provide wide ranging benefits to the Agricultural sector.
Application eligibility criteria:
- A startup based in NSW, with an ABN registered in NSW
- A completed proof of concept and detailed pitch deck
- A solution or product that is scalable globally
- Hold IP or the rights to commercialise
- Current passport and eligible for visa procurement
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Applicants must submit an EOI form to provide essential information about their company and responding to the selection criteria. The application deadline is 31st May 2019. Selected applicants will be notified on 28th June 2019 and will be invited to give a 10-min presentation (5-min pitch followed by 5-min of questions) at The GATE in front of a panel of Ag-tech experts and entrepreneurs.
15th April 2019
EOI Applications Open
31st May 2019
EOI Applications Close
28th June 2019
Successful Applications Announced
5th - 18th October 2019
India Ag-Tech Exchange
Why is the NSW Government doing this?
India is one of the world’s most dynamic, fast paced and rapidly-developing technology markets. As one of the most important trading partners for NSW, the Government wants to increase its engagement with India, with a particular emphasis on the tech industry.
Any Questions, please email our program manager. We will get back to you as soon as possible