Who is The GATE
A collaborative research and technology facility in Australia specifically designed to develop ag-tech ideas. The GATE offers 5 key programs to develop and commercialise ag-tech innovation:
- Commercialisation and Business Support
- Investor Showcases
DPI has partnered with research providers and technology providers, universities and industry organisations. Major Australian agricultural R&D organisations are foundation members along with Sparklabs Cultiv8, an accelerator and venture capital provider. This group will consider GATE applications. http://www.thegate.org.au/
Should I apply for the GATE Ag-tech exchange Program?
This is a unique opportunity to gain access to the Indian market. If selected, you will get:
- Invitation to presentations and networking events;
- Mentoring sessions by leaders in innovation;
- Travel and accommodation for one company representative for an 11-day trip to four major cities in India, where they will participate in cultural visits to understand the Indian mindset, meet and learn from India-based technology company founders and entrepreneurs as well as meet potential clients and investors;
- Workshops with market experts;
- Introductions to our network of investors and partners.
What if I have an early stage idea but no existing product/service?
We are not looking for ideas or concepts. Your business must have an existing product or service offering that can be built on during the program to achieve market readiness for India.
Do you take equity?
No, The GATE will not take equity in exchange for the support provided.
Will The GATE own my IP?
No, you will own all of your IP.
What if I decide halfway through that the Indian market is not right for me?
That is fine, it is all part of the learning process. We will only continue to support those companies that we agree are well positioned to succeed in the Indian market.
How much do you contribute to the cost of flights?
We will cover 100% of the cost of your flights and accommodation. You cover your food, daily travel expenses and spending money and any seminars / conferences outside the set program.
Will you accept companies that are not NSW-based?
No, you need to have NSW ABN to be eligible for the program.